SSL (or Secured Sockets Layer) is a standardized technology, used to establish an encrypted connection between a web server and a web browser.
The connection that is established when using an SSL Certificate ensures that any data that passes remain private and encrypted.
SSL has been an industry standard for long, and is becoming increasingly important for any website - not to say vital for any e-commerce website. If you're visting a website that uses the "https://"-protocol in the web adress, you know they're using SSL.
MightWeb is partnered with Comodo, GeoTrust and Thawte - offering a wide array of different SSL certificates.
Domain Validated Certificates
Domain validation or DV certificates are verified to the domain name. Typically, this is done by sending an email to an address listed in the WHOIS record from the domain.
These certificates are usually very quick to set up, and require no paperwork.
Comodo PositiveSSL$10.95 / year
- PositiveSSL is one of the most popular and inexpensive SSL certificates in the industry. This hassle-free certificate is the ideal choice for websites where the brand's trust is already established and organization verification is not needed. It's ideal for securing low-volume e-commerce websites.
- 15 Minute Setup
Comodo PositiveSSL WildCard$99.95 / year
- You probably know that each SSL certificate is issued to a fully qualified domain name. This usual method becomes tedious when you need to secure a number of subdomains on the same domain name. With PositiveSSL Wildcard, you can easily secure an unlimited number of subdomains of the same domain.
- 24 Hour Setup
Organization Validated Certificates
Organization Validated Certificates are more trusted than Domain Validated certificates. This is because organizations are strictly authenticated by real agents against business registry databases hosted by governments. Documents may exchange and personnel may be contacted during validation to prove the right of use. OV certificates therefore will contain legitimate business information.
Comodo PremiumSSL$79.95 / year
- The PremiumSSL certificate is designed for securing e-commerce websites carrying out high-volume and high-value transactions. It's a full business-validated certificate – Comodo not only validates the domain name, it also authenticates the company behind the online business. Provides a $250,000 warranty.
- 24 Hour+ Setup
Comodo PremiumSSL WildCard$149.95 / year
- The PremiumSSL Wildcard certificate is designed for securing unlimited sub-domains of a single domain. It's the perfect solution for websites hosting a single domain with various sub-domains, such as mail.domain.com and products.domain.com. This is a full business-validated certificate.
- 24 Hour+ Setup
Extended Validation Certificates
Get a green address bar! As the highest class of SSL available, Extended Validation SSL Certificates (EV SSL) activate both the padlock and the green address bar in all major browsers. EV SSL Certificates provide the strongest encryption level available and enable the organization behind a website to present its own verified identity to website visitors.
GeoTrust True BusinessID$129.95 / year
- Get the green bar! A GeoTrust EV SSL certificate will increase your sales by showing your customers a visible secure sign, the green browser address bar. The green bar, exclusive to EV SSL certificates, assures your site visitors that they are transacting business on a highly secured, trustworthy domain. Provides full business validation.
- Extended Setup
Thawte Secure Web Server$179.95 / year
- No one else offers complete extended validation, green bar assurance, a premium $1,500,000 warranty, support for multiple domains and Server Gated Cryptography for a price this low. Grow your customer base and your competitive edge with Thawte's SSL Web Server with EV certificate.
- Extended Setup